The work is performed at designated sites of The Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division (NSWCDD). The Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division, Dahlgren Laboratory is a premier research and development center that serves as a specialty site for weapon system integration. This position is being posted in anticipation of a bid award, where CIPS is aiming to meet the IT operational needs of the NSWCDD.
POSITION/TITLE: Senior Infrastructure Design Engineer
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Regular/Full Time
POSITION'S HOURS/SHIFT: 40 hours, M-F between the hours of 7AM-5:30 PM
REPORTS TO: Program/Project Manager
LOCATION: Dahlgren, VA
Computer Integration & Programming Solutions Corp. (CIPS), located in Bethesda, MD is seeking a Senior level Infrastructure Design Engineer to provide infrastructure design support services to include design, development and maintenance in all areas of network hardware and software interconnection
for The Naval Surface Warfare Center, Dahlgren Division (NSWCDD).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Plan, design and development, and modifications of existing of planned voice and data communications
• Plan, evaluate, coordinate and perform installation and/or reconfiguration of hardware and software elements of computers, servers, and networks.
• Maintain technical expertise in all areas of computer and network hardware and software interconnection and interfacing such as landlines, cell phones, voice, video and wireless communications
• May propose solutions to ensure all requirements based on future needs and current usage, configuring such solutions to optimize cost savings.
• Work with Visio and AutoCAD and provide support to complex engineering tasks and systems
• Prepares or ensures that appropriate system documentation exists, including operational instructions.
• Provides regular monitoring and analysis regarding short- and long-range planning.
• May coordinate third-party maintenance for equipment.
• May design computer infrastructure systems that include selection of hardware and software packages.
Experience & Competencies:
Six years of related experience in network areas such as landlines, cell phones, voice, video and data networks and wireless communications
Experience shall also include work with Visio and AutoCAD and complex network engineering tasks and systems
A knowledgeable individual with appropriate industry experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Computer Science/ Information technology/ Information Science or related discipline is preferred or any other equivalent education and experience
CERTIFICATES & LICENSES REQUIRED:
Requires BICSII Certification
Choosing CIPS as your next employer provides you with a comprehensive, progressive work-life benefits package consisting of highly competitive pay, performance incentives and array of benefits.
CIPS is an Equal Opportunity Employer